Founded in 2015 by two-time Hay House® published author Lillie Leonardi, Passages & Prose is dedicated to supporting reading, writing, and literacy in Pittsburgh and its surrounding communities. Passages & Prose meets these goals by offering arts and literacy programming through events, partnerships, collaborations and workshops, and by providing opportunities for published authors to share their literary works with the public. The culminating event of this endeavor is Passages & Prose: A Gathering of Authors and Their Books which takes place annually on a Saturday in October.
MIX ‘N’ MINGLE
This year’s guest presenters include children’s authors:
- Janet Carlisle (Birds of A Feather)
- Dr. Shellie Hipsky and Alyssa Nevin Hipsky, Dr. Hipsky’s daughter and illustrator of the book (Hopping Off On a Business Trip)
- winners from the 2016 WQED Writers Contest who will present an anthology of their stories.
The Mix ‘n’ Mingle is an opportunity for authors, writers, journalists, and bibliophiles alike to meet each other and learn more about Passages & Prose 2017. Tickets are $25.00 and a portion of the proceeds will benefit The Twentieth Century Club’s historical preservation efforts.
PASSAGES & PROSE PREVIEW
New this year will be a Passages & Prose 2017 preview event at Barnes & Noble Booksellers Settlers Ridge with author Wendy Walker on Friday, October 6, 2017 in the evening. Details will be announced soon.
PASSAGES & PROSE 2017
Now in its third year, Passages & Prose 2017 will take place Saturday, October 7, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at The Twentieth Century Club and feature more than 50 local and national authors throughout the day. The event is open and FREE to the public, and family – friendly.
Passages & Prose 2017 will feature:
Registration is suggested at: passagesandprose2017.eventbrite.com. Boxed lunch options will be available for a fee. Details and ticketing options to be announced soon.
The Twentieth Century Club refers its members and Club guests to two parking facilities an easy half block and a full block from the Club. Guests may park at:
- Soldiers & Sailors Memorial: This garage is located one half block to the south on Bigelow Blvd.
- UPMC Parking Garage: This garage is located 1 block to the east of the Club at Bigelow Blvd. and Lytton Ave. adjoining the Wyndham’s parking.
- Paid parking is also available on the street at meters. Download and use the Go Moble PGH app now to pay and monitor your parking at these meters.
Passages & Prose 2017 is made possible with generous support from sponsors including: Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Cribs For Kids, Embroidery from the Heart, Inspiring Lives Magazine, and WQED Multimedia; and community collaborators including: B.F. Jones Memorial Library, Cooper-Siegel Community Library, Characters by Kim, Peters Township Public Library, Pittsburgh Puppet Works, Shaler North Hills Library, Springdale Free Public Library, Word Association Publishers.
For details on last year’s event, please visit our Passages & Prose 2016 page.